Bruce W. Thomas, Ed.D.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Bowling Green State University 1978
• Master’s degree in Counseling, Bowling Green State University 1980
• Doctorate in Education, Nova Southeastern University 1993
Training & Experience:
• Post-doctoral training in Education Administration, Cleveland State University & Harvard University
• Consulting Therapist, Beachwood Counseling Center
• 30+ years working with children, adolescents, and families within both a school and private-practice setting
My Role at LBP:
I provide guidance and intervention to children and adolescents who are facing challenges both in and out of school. I am passionate about helping youth who are experiencing emotional distress, such as anxiety and/or depression, as well as social difficulties. My focus is teaching them the tools needed to get through difficult times so they can have self-management skills for a lifetime. My previous experiences as a Principal and as a Superintendent serve me well as I highly value collaborating with school personnel when appropriate. This allows me to create a bridge between the treatment and the school setting which ultimately provides greater understanding among all those working on behalf of the student.
I love spending time with my children and my grandchildren. Large family events allow me the opportunity to interact with everyone together, and I find that particularly satisfying. I love food, movies, and then more food.
Playing, watching, or talking about tennis is exciting for me. I have been to the U.S. Tennis Open Championships and would love to travel to England to watch Wimbledon.
Why I love being at LBP:
I am excited to be part of a group of professionals who do whatever is necessary to help others during challenging times. My time at LBP feels rewarding and meaningful.